Established in 1975, National Tree Week is the UK’s largest tree celebration, starting the winter tree planting season. For this special week in 2023, the festivities will be brimming with an impressive array of events and activities for green and nature lovers alike.
Dow Group UK is utterly dedicated to environmental sustainability. We aim to embrace and spread the importance of trees in enhancing biodiversity, combating climate change, and enriching our living environment.
Whether you’re a garden enthusiast or a family looking for fun outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone! The approach for National Tree Week 2023 is all about making connections with nature fun and engaging for everyone.
This year’s theme is ‘Every Tree Counts’, and we will emphasise not just planting but also taking care of our trees. We want to empower each individual to make a difference by providing the tools and knowledge to cultivate, protect and celebrate our tree population.
Let’s give a standing ovation to our tall green friends who fill our lives with shades of joy, well-being and oxygen.
DOW cares about Trees. Do You.
Here are some interesting facts you may not know about Trees:
- Trees are the longest-living organisms on Earth and can never die of old age.
- Trees can communicate and defend themselves against many different types of attacking insects.
- Trees can help to reduce stress, and in this day and age, we need all the help we can get.
- If you hang a birdhouse on a tree branch, it will stay where it is even when the tree grows.
- Most importantly, Trees help reduce the effects of climate change.
*Tree facts taken from https://www.precisiontreemn.com/tips/14-fun-facts-about-trees.html