At DOW Uk Group, we feel every day should be Earth Day because we could all be a little better at protecting our extraordinary planet.
This year Earth Day is celebrated on Saturday, April 22.
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
Started by Senator Gaylord Nelson in April 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EARTHDAY.ORG.
To Find out more about Earth Day, please visit https://www.earthday.org.
There are so many ways you can help. And every little individual contribution adds up to making a huge difference. Here are just a few ways we feel are easy enough to suit our daily busy lives:
- Pick up trash while you’re out for a walk or a run.
- Switch to reusable shopping bags.
- Do your own composting.
- Use a reusable water bottle or container.
- Eat less meat.
- Practice Sustainable fashion, buy less, and consider second-hand clothes.
- Turn off lights and electrical goods when not in use. Always a good way of saving ££ £’s.
- Recycle, recycle and recycle some more.
At DOW Group UK, we care about the environment. It is at the heart of everything we do. Yes, we’re a waste management company. We collect, sort and recycle household and commercial rubbish. But what we do with it next marks us out from our competitors. Every year thousands of tonnes of our recycled waste is sent to be converted into fuel pellets to power people’s homes. So the stuff humans throw away is being reused for the good of our planet, Earth.
To find out more about what DOW Group UK do, please visit https://dowuk.com.