Let’s celebrate these magnificent creatures. Here are five fascinating facts about Rhino’s.
- Did you know that there are five species of Rhino in the world?
- They can weigh over 3 tonnes.
- Rhino horns are made of the same stuff as our fingernails.
- These magnificent creatures have poor vision, so it’s essential to approach them carefully.
- But perhaps the most surprising fact about rhinos is how they communicate – through honks, sneezes, and even poo! Rhinos are known to leave messages for one another in their droppings, which they scatter around their territories to signal their presence and territorial boundaries.
For more interesting Rhino facts, please visit – www.wwf.org.uk/learn/fascinating-facts/rhinos.
Sadly, poaching threatens rhinos. Over 7,100 Rhinos have been killed in the last decade. If we don’t act now, these fantastic animals could disappear from our planet forever. The world’s estimated total population of rhinos is less than 27,000 individual animals, and we need to work together to protect them and their habitat.
As a waste management company, Dow Group UK is committed to sustainability and doing its part to protect the environment. Everyone can make a difference, and we’re dedicated to positively impacting the world.
So, on this World Rhino Day, we ask you to join us in our efforts to protect these magnificent creatures.
Dow cares – do you?